PRINCESS CHULABHORN SCIENCE HIGH SCHOOL NAKHON SI THAMMARAT
PROUD, HONOR, MORALITY, AND BRIGHT–MINDED ACADEMICS, WHILE FOLLOWING THE MISSION OF THE PRINCESS.
Professor Dr. Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn is the youngest daughter of their Majesties the King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Queen Sirikit of Thailand. She was awarded in Science such as UNESCO Einstein Medal in 1986, Nagoya Medal Special Award in 2006, Adolf Windaus Medal by University of Göttingen, Germany in 2009.
Now, she is a member of the president’s Council of the University of Tokyo. She also serves as a president of the Chulabhorn Research Institute.
Princess Chulabhorn Science High School Nakhon Si Thammarat (PCSHS Nakhon Si Thammarat) is one of the 12 Princess Chulabhorn Science High Schools in all regions around the country for nurturing students with exceptional ability (gifted) in mathematics and science both lower and upper high school in a kind of residential high school.
to be excellent in mathematics and science and good members of the society with global outlook
The curriculum is specialized and intensive in mathematics and science projects, with emphasis also on solid foundation in social sciences, world languages and fine arts. English is compulsory with one of other languages: Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc., particularly, ASEAN languages.
The school has a 3-year program at the junior high school level (grade 7 to 9) and also a 3-year program at the senior high school level (grade 10 to 12). All programs are specialized and intensive in mathematics and science. It is a co-education and boarding school. All students receive full scholarships from the government. There are 24 students per class. The full capacity is 720 students with 4 classes per year at the junior level and 6 classes per year at the senior level.
Only students who have excellent academic achievements in mathematics and science are qualified to apply for a place in the school and students in the assigned neighboring provinces only are qualified to apply for Princess Chulabhorn Science High School Nakhon Si Thammarat.
For more information (in Thai), it can be searched on website of Curriculum Division.
Princess Chulabhorn Science High School Nakhon Si Thammarat has been supported by mentor universities which are leading universities in Thailand, namely:
- Walailak University
- Prince of Songkla University
- Thaksin University
- Nakhon Si Thammarat Rajabhat University
- Rajamagala University of Technology Srivijaya, Nakhon Si Thammarat Campus (Sai Yai Branch)
Academic outputs and achievements
PISA 2015 Average Score of PCSHS Nakhon Si Thammarat
|Average of||Mathematical literacy||Scientific literacy||Reading literacy|
|PCSHS Nakhon Si Thammarat||560||567||539|
|12 PCSH Schools||551||562||529|
|Members of OECD||490||493||493|
International Student Awards
- Got the 1st and 2nd Prize Group Project Presentation Award at the 3rd ASEAN Plus Three Junior Science
Odyssey (APT JSO) at National Science Museum, Pathum Thani, Thailand in 2014
- Participate at The 2014 Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (Intel ISEF 2014) at the Los Angeles, California, the United States
- Got the 1st prize in Science Project Presentation at The Science and Technology Innovation Project at Management and Science University, Malaysia in 2015
- Participate at The Junior Session of Astronomy Society of Japan 2016 at University of Tokyo, Japan
- Participate at The 20th GLOBE Annual Meeting at Estes Park, Colorado, United States in 2016
- Got the bronze medal prize in Environmental Science Project at The International Conference of Young Scientists (ICYS) 2017 at Stuttgart, Germany
- Got 3 gold medal prizes in innovation project at International Young Inventors Award (IYIA) 2017 at Jakarta, Indonesia [Read more in Thai here]
- Got 2 gold medal prizes in innovation project at Semarang International Illustration Festival 2017 at South Korea [Read more in Thai here]
- Mahidol Wittayanusorn School (Public Organization), Nakhon Pathom
- King Mongkut’s Insitute of Technology Lardkrabang, Bangkok
Points of Interest in Nakhon Si Thammarat
Nakhon Si Thammarat is an ancient city with breathtaking scenery. It has many attractions that visitor should visit, such as Phra Maha That Wora Maha Wihan Temple, Khiriwong Village, Khanom Beach and Islands, Phromlok Waterfall.
Princess Chulabhorn Science High School Nakhon Si Thammarat
No.120 Moo 1 Soon-Anan Rd., Bangchak, Mueang, Nakhon Si Thammarat 80330, THAILAND
Tel.: +66 75 399123 ext 115
Fax: +66 75 399453
Email : pccnst @ pccnst.ac.th